Layne Fortner and Matthew Johnson, on behalf of the Cornerstone Christian Academy football team and coaches, thanked the Rainsville City Council for the use of the football field and facilities at the Field of Dreams. Layne Fortner said, “Many of us have dreamed of playing football for Cornerstone our entire life and thanks to ya’ll our dream has come true and I hope we can make the city of Rainsville proud of us in the years to come.”
The Rainsville City Council met Monday, April 1, 2019 and approved the following:
- Approved the minutes from the last meeting.
- Approved to closeout a banking account at First Southern State Bank and move the money to the general fund.
- Approved to add Whitley Mitchell to the Tom Bevill Board.
- Approved to purchase an Industrial Park Sign for $2600.00 and the Industrial Board will pay half of the cost.
- Approved to purchase four signs for the state champions for Plainview and Cornerstone for $4000.00 to be put by the welcome to Rainsville Signs.
- Approved $3000.00 for the First Responder’s Memorial for purchase of flags and poles.
- Approved to hire Scott Boswell part-time at the fire department.
- Approved $1950.00 for the Rainsville Library for painting the front door and trusses.
- Approved to pay the bills.
- Meeting adjourned. Next council meeting will be Monday, April 15, 2019, Workshop at 4:15p.m., Meeting at 5:00p.m.