The Rainsville City Council met in regular meeting on October 7, 2019. The council approved to accept the street paving project CR-RES-19-01, for 2019, from Wiregrass in the amount of $293,780.00. In other business, the council approved the follow items:
- Hired Scott Baswell full-time at the fire department at $12.19/hour
- Hired Alex Josea on October 16, 2019 at the police department at $14.06/hour
- To schedule a public hearing on October 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. about home inspections
- To send Tara Wilkerson to the Human Resource Conference on October 10-11, 2019
- To honor the World War II Veterans on November 11, 2019 at 10 a.m. at the Tom Bevill Enrichment Center and present each of them with a key to City.
- To purchase a new front load sanitation truck for $279,461.28
- To install a fire hydrant between Cornerstone Christian Academy and the Agri-Center at a cost of $2,500.00
- To pay for the annual air-pack testing at a cost of $1,830.00
- To purchase two Tahoes for the police department at a cost of $80,290.26.
- The council went into executive session to discuss ongoing litigation
Next meeting is scheduled for October 21, 2019