Rainsville To Honor WWII Veterans On November 11, 2019
The Rainsville City Council met in regular meeting on October 7, 2019. The council approved to accept the street paving project CR-RES-19-01, for 2019, from Wiregrass in the amount of $293,780.00. In other business, the council approved the follow items:
- Hired Scott Baswell full-time at the fire department at $12.19/hour
- Hired Alex Josea on October 16, 2019 at the police department at $14.06/hour
- To schedule a public hearing on October 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. about home inspections
- To send Tara Wilkerson to the Human Resource Conference on October 10-11, 2019
- To honor the World War II Veterans on November 11, 2019 at 10 a.m. at the Tom Bevill Enrichment Center and present each of them with a key to City.
- To purchase a new front load sanitation truck for $279,461.28
- To install a fire hydrant between Cornerstone Christian Academy and the Agri-Center at a cost of $2,500.00
- To pay for the annual air-pack testing at a cost of $1,830.00
- To purchase two Tahoes for the police department at a cost of $80,290.26.
- The council went into executive session to discuss ongoing litigation
Next meeting is scheduled for October 21, 2019