The Rainsville City Council met Monday, May 6, 2019. The council approved the following:
- The purchase 100 chairs for the council and court chambers for $2100.00.
- To hire Kevin Brown to do sewer line repair for a cost of $7500.00.
- To hire Johnny Clem to do sewer repair work on Lofton Street in the amount of $18000.00.
- The purchase a security camera system for the city from FTC in the amount of $2580.00.
- To give Plainview High School a donation to help with expenses at the state softball playoffs.
- To surplus a 1986 fire truck that belongs to sanitation department.
- The purchase a 1999 F-350 truck for the sanitation department at a cost of $14000.00.
- To upgrade the street light on Thompson Street to LED lights.
- The repair of roads that have been cut for drainage on Browns Chapel, Chambers Avenue and Wade Street at a cost of $3000.00.
- The hiring of a seasonal employee at the library for 20 hours a week.
- To paint the railing at the Tornado Memorial for $2000.00, with money for the painting donated by House Majority Leader Nathaniel Ledbetter.
- To take bids on a brush truck for the fire department until May 14 at 3:00p.m.
- $2200.00 for annual testing of the hose and ladders for the fire department.
- To accept Tony Blackwell’s resignation from the police department effective May 1, 2019.
- Voted to withhold $1,200.00 a month from the Rainsville Chamber of Commerce for assistant director’s position, until further notice.
- To pay the bills.
- Meeting adjourned.
- Next council meeting will be May 20, 2019, workshop at 4:15p.m., meeting at 5:00p.m.