The Rainsville City Council met for their regular meeting on Monday, July 15, 2019. In the meeting, the council approved the follow:
- To accept bids for a 2015 Chevy 1500 truck for the sewer plant. Bid opening will be July 26, 2019 at 12:00 Noon.
- To install a headwall on a drain pipe on 1st Street and two on Harrison Street, at a cost of $2,500.00.
- The annual lease agreement with the Public Building Authority for the Agri-Business Center, which will run July 1, 2019 to June 1, 2020.
- A bid of $278,971.10 from Wiregrass for a paving project.
- To allow Mayor Rodger Lingerfelt to hire a patrolman for the police department to send to the police academy. This is based on the person signing a four year contract to remain employed at the City of Rainsivlle..
- To purchase a 1993 Ford F-250 7.3 diesel truck for the Fire Department at a cost of $14,000.