Students from across Dekalb County won numerous awards today at the SkillsUSA State Competition in Birmingham, Al. These students were representing the Dekalb County Technology Center located in Rainsville, Al.
Dakota Atchley won the 2019 Alabama State SkillsUSA State Championship in Advanced Welding, Peyton Ervin won the 2019 Alabama State SkillsUSA State Championship in Beginner Welding, and Dakota Warren won the 2019 Alabama State SkillsUSA State Championship in Masonry.
Alabama SkillsUSA State Conference 2019 is officially complete. The DeKalb County Technology Center students represented our communities with style and success, winning 8 Gold Medals, 3 Silver, and 3 Bronze, plus electing two State Student Officers.
GOLD MEDAL WINNERS:
- State SkillsUSA President – Matthew Gamez
- Northeast District Vice President – Alex Godwin
- Welding – Dakota Atchley
- Welding First Year – Payton Ervin
- Health Occupation Professional Portfolio – Matilde Francisco
- Masonry – Dakota Warren
- Medical Math – Axel Quinteros
- Medical Terminology – Yitzel Vilorio
- Technical Drafting – Marshall Cravey
- Masonry First Year – Austin Hall
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS:
- Opening/Closing Ceremony – Samantha Evett, Brelan Rogers, Braden Hearn, Elizabeth Cornelius, Austin Langley, Megan Hodges and Jayden McSpadden
- Masonry – Gavin Henry
- First Aid-CPR – Karen Lopez
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS:
- Cosmetology – Tessa Bynum
- Masonry – Brady Wilkie
- Masonry First Year – Joseph Wilbanks
- 5th Place Welding – Easton Samples
Also, DCTC has had two presiding SkillsUSA State Officers leading this conference. The outgoing SkillsUSA State President – Hunter Benefield and the outgoing Northeast District Vice President – Kelly Rosario.