The Rainsville City Council met this week on Thursday, September 5, 2019, instead of on Monday, due to the Labor Day holiday.
- The council approved to accept the bid of $320,066.00 to build the culverts for the Boozer Bridge Project.
- Approved to build slopped headwalls on eight culverts that are already installed
- Approved to pave the culvert on Country Club Lane for $3,000.00 and the culvert on Everett Street for $900.00.
- Approved to surplus equipment from the Rainsville Public Library, which includes six computers, a printer, and light fixture.
- Approved to install a street and pole at the intersection of Horton Road and Kirk Road.
- Approved to install a microphone system in the Court/City Council Chambers at a cost of around $1,800.00.
- Accepted the resignation of Larry Traylor from the Industrial Development Board
- Approved to the send Animal Control Officer to certification training October 28th – 31st
- Approved $2,000.00 to Fire Prevention