The Fort Payne City Council met in regular session today and conducted the follow business:
- Approved a $1,000 appropriation to The Fort Payne High School “Best Robotics” team
- Approved to pay half the cost of new tennis courts at Fort Payne High School, approximately $214,000. This includes refurbishing the current four courts and building four new courts, for a total of eight courts.
- Approved to install a streetlight at the intersection of Marlo Street N.E. and Martin Avenue. (Fort Payne Improvement Authority, has looked at it and recommended the placement of the light)
- Approved to grant the Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce two activity permits, one for a Halloween Block Party, Thursday October 31st, Gault Avenue from 1st Street to 5th Street North, from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. The second permit for the Annual Christmas Parade on Monday December 9th, Gault Avenue from 18th Street North to 3rd Street South, from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Approved an activity permit for the use of the city pavilion on October 19, 2019, for a fundraiser, raising money for a person needing a kidney transplant.