The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department will hold a citizens firearms safety & training course on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. The training course will be held at the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, on the campus of Gadsden State.
Pre-registration is required and you can register by calling 256-927-1806. Topics for this course include the following:
- Accurate facts regarding firearms laws in Alabama
- How to safely & legally carry firearms
- How to obtain a concealed carry permit
- Hand-on safety instruction from expert firearms instructors
- Class will include hand-on firing range experience (range session – TBA)
This course is sponsored by Cherokee County Sheriff Jim Shavers & District Attorney Mike O’Dell, in partnership with Gadsden State Community College-Cherokee Campus.